Tuesday 15 October 2013

Self Initiated Project Working Progress

I've illustrated a small short story! cute and tragic, dark and bright. I have attempted to combine my vector and design skills with my restrained illustration style to create a personal way of image making. I beleive with the constantly evolving design and creative industry, multiple format outputs is necessary.



I already had a rough idea of what I wanted to do in my head before I started story boarding, something restrictive and dark that I could play with. With roughly twenty panels after some edits, I had a base for what I wanted to paint. Originally I was going to make the character a human child, though for multiple reasons I chose a minimalist looking animal instead, Better character design for this context of plot, cute looking animals are also great to use in stories! The other reason why I changed the character was because It would look too similar to the indie game LIMBO.




First step was to draw out the base of the image in 'Corel' very simple and easy to use brushes that work perfectly with my tablet. After the inital drawings were done, I exported all of them into .psd files and switched over to Photoshop.



Next I added textures and final touches from stock which I take with my camera (I'll attach the stock image for free in my next blog post it's a perfect rock texture for caverns) and vectors if needed for the monsters.



No comments:

Post a Comment